Matthew F. Baker
Matthew Baker is a partner with RMO LLP. Matthew’s litigation practice focuses on representing beneficiaries and fiduciaries in contested trust, estate and probate litigation matters; business owners and entities in business litigation matters and partnership disputes; and investors, financial industry employees, and financial institutions in securities litigation, employment litigation, and regulatory matters.
In addition to his work at RMO, Matthew volunteers as an attorney with the Public Counsel Law Center, including the Children’s Rights Project, Public Counsel’s Debtor Assistance Project, and the Center for Veterans’ Advancement.
Matthew serves as secretary of the RMO Foundation, which is dedicated to the prevention of elder abuse and to advancing diversity, inclusion, children’s, veterans’ and art initiatives.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- “Top Litigator,” Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2021
- SuperLawyers, Southern California Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2018-2021
- Public Counsel Pro Bono Award – Foster Youth Project, 2016
- Honor Roll of Volunteer Attorneys, Central District of California Bankruptcy Court, 2013-2014
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Delegate, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board Member, Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council
- Volunteer Attorney, Public Counsel Law Center
- Member – Board of Trustees, Santa Monica Bar Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association – Trusts and Estate Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Fordham University School of Law Alumni Association of Los Angeles
School of Law, New York
Juris Doctor, cum laude
New York University
BA, English and American Literature
IN THE NEWS
Probate and trust estate litigation law firm RMO LLP announced today that Scott Rahn, founding and managing partner, has once again been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in the area of Trusts and Estates Litigation…
IN THE NEWS
Undue influence and duress are frequently cited in probate and trust litigation. Both are used by abusers as a means to gain the favor of wealthy spouses and family members, with the goal of getting more estate assets.