Mathew M. Wrenshall
Managing Partner – Pasadena
Mat is the Managing Partner in the Pasadena office of RMO LLP. He handles disputes over contested wills, trusts, and conservatorships in probate court as well as business disputes in a wide variety of contexts, with a focus in the financial services space. Using his lengthy experience as a litigator, Mat works closely with clients to resolve complex disputes that often involve complicated family dynamics. Mat has experience with claims relating to disinheritance, elder abuse, and undue influence, and is experienced at finding creative solutions to what are often fraught and emotional situations.
Mat graduated from Harvard University with an A.B. in History and Literature. While at Harvard, Mat was a member of the varsity swim team and was Eastern Conference champion in the 200 yard freestyle. He was also a member of the Harvard Lampoon. After working for a large private wealth manager, Mat attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, graduating cum laude. At Pitt, Mat served on the University of Pittsburgh Journal of Law and Commerce, and won the CALI award in Evidence.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- “Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2023-2024
- “Leaders of Influence: Thriving in Their 40s,” Los Angeles Business Journal, 2023
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
- Member, LGBT Bar Association
- Member, ProVisors
- Member, Professional Fiduciary Association of California
- University of Pittsburgh
- Harvard University
BA, History and Literature
- Obtained a conservatorship for a loved one to ensure that his health and well-being was being protected.
- Obtained early dismissal of claims brought against a corporate trustee in an incorrect forum.
- Secured client’s rightful inheritance after her sibling attempted to steal the estate from her through the use of fraudulent deeds obtained from the decedent while he was incapacitated and subject to undue influence.
MATHEW IN THE NEWS
RMO Strengthens Probate Dispute Practice with Addition of Attorneys Mathew Wrenshall and Lana Halavi
published in BUSINESS WIRE
Building upon its successful history of hiring top talent, trust, estate and probate litigation firm RMO LLP announced today that it has added litigators Mathew M. Wrenshall and Lana Halavi to its Los Angeles office. “In order to meet the growing demands of our clients, we are excited to continue to expand the firm and its services with the …
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Schedule your free consultation here and we’ll contact you at your convenience.
Please note that communications by you to RMO LLP or any of its lawyers through this website do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm. Do not send any privileged or confidential information to the firm through this website or otherwise until instructed in writing from us to do so.