David is an attorney in the San Diego office of RMO LLP, which he helped launch. He represents beneficiaries, as well as professional and corporate fiduciaries – e.g. administrators, executors, trustees, conservators, and guardians – in contested trust, estate, and probate litigation matters, as well as related estate administration issues. He also represents special needs / disabled students in special education, civil rights, and child abuse matters.
Specialized firms – including those practicing special education and nonprofit law – regularly seek out David’s expertise and creativity for complex state and Federal disputes, including appeals to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California Court of Appeal. David previously worked for the California Court of Appeal, the California Attorney General’s Office, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
David graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of the San Diego Law Review
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Guest Lecturer on Law, Policy and Legal Writing – University of California San Diego
- Guest Lecturer on Employment Law – University of San Diego School of Law
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates; Employment & Labor
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Tom Homann Law Association
University of San Diego, School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
Metropolitan State College of Denver
BA, Political Science
- Resident sues operators of Riverside retirement home, Altavita Village, over sale to for-profit group
- USD Law Students Submit Amicus Brief to the U.S. Supreme Court
- David Greco and Employment & Labor Law Society Awarded “Student Organization of the Year” in First Year of Operation
- Employment Law Expansion: Innovation is In Our DNA
- Successfully appealed trial court’s order denying a motion to compel arbitration in a case involving allegations that trustees misrepresented an easement over the family beach home. Arbitration later resulted in complete defense judgment for trustees.
- On behalf of a trust beneficiary, successfully appealed and overturned a trial court’s ruling that the trustees were not subject to jurisdiction of the California court, confirming the applicability of jurisdictional tests in probate.
- Represented amicus trust beneficiary in appeal over the validity of arbitrator’s award regarding trust assets. After trial court erroneously refused to vacate arbitration award when arbitrator refused to recuse after a party made a request for recusal, obtained a published appellate ruling strengthening protections for parties in arbitration proceedings.
- Through early motions, obtained dismissal of two lawsuits in two different courts contesting trust distribution. The lawsuits were brought by a family member who had been wholly disinherited from the trust and estate.
- Represented administrator of an estate in a civil lawsuit filed by the aggrieved father of a decedent. Obtained dismissal with prejudice through strategic use of early-stage motion practice, with an award of costs to the administrator.
- Represented beneficiaries in a lawsuit against a corporate trustee for breach of fiduciary duty. Negotiated resignation of the trustee and a transfer of assets to new corporate trustee approved by all beneficiaries.
- Represented beneficiary of an estate in dispute with a trustee who had failed to administer trust assets for over twenty years.
- Obtained full payout of all assets owed to the beneficiary, resulting in cash influx that allowed the beneficiary to keep her longtime home.
- Represented the mother of a woman with special needs to obtain court approval of a special needs trust with retroactive reimbursement for mother, who had advanced significant resources for her daughter’s care.
- Successfully defended daughter in elder abuse lawsuit brought by her mother. Successfully demonstrated that the case was being driven by another sibling who was manipulating the mother.
- Successfully defended trustee against twelve separate attempts by the beneficiary to have the trustee removed.
IN THE NEWS
Probate and trust estate litigation law firm RMO LLP announced today that Scott Rahn, founding and managing partner, has once again been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in the area of Trusts and Estates Litigation.